Wood Siding Materials & Styles
There are many different styles of wood siding used on Chicagoland area homes. Wood siding can be broken down into several other categories, all offering unique appearance and styles. The most common types are bevel wood siding, wood lap siding, tongue and groove wood siding, cedar shingle siding, cedar shake siding, and board and batten wood siding. There are a few species typically used for wood siding applications but cedar covers the vast majority of Chicago wood sided homes due to it’s incredible natural resistance to rot and decay.
Wood Siding Advantages in Chicago
- While this is somewhat subjective, most folks agree that wood siding is beautiful.
- Wood siding is natural; therefore no two houses will look identical.
- Environmentally friendly material and 100% biodegradable.
- Is appropriate for a number of environments, locations, regions.
- Wood siding comes in a variety of styles (bevel, lap, shingle, shake, board and batten, tongue and groove, etc).
- Cedar wood contains natural resins that deter insects and rot.